February 9, 2010

In the City...

Have you heard of snowpocalipse? Snowmageddon?

It happened. It is real. And it is in Pittsburgh (among other places). The whole region was paralyzed for two days. However, if you happen to live in the city of Pittsburgh, you have been stuck at home for about 4 days.

For some reason, the city has done a terrible job with plowing and clearing roads, even some of the major ones. However in the suburbs, the snow removal has been a lot more reliable, allowing people to actually drive to work, the grocery store, etc.

It also doesn't help that we live on a hilly neighborhood. With cobblestone roads. With street parking (not anymore!).

E & I were stuck at home on Monday and I finally dug my way out on Tuesday (OK, so E was the one that shoveled. I tried, but I had no clue how to do it.). The roads are still terrible and more snow is coming. Six to ten inches more by Wednesday!

I have a feeling there will be piles of snow on our street until April. They'll be there until May if the city doesn't pick up the snow removal soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment