April 1, 2010

While we wait...

While we wait to start moving in and making renovations to the house, I thought I would blog about this awesome slow-cooker pork recipe I made yesterday (original recipe). It seriously was the best thing I have made in the crock pot so far.

3lb Pork Shoulder Roast
1 1/2 C Chicken Broth (I used water with a bouillon cube)
1 Yellow Onion
1 Package Green Maggi Sofrito (awesome product, also available at Giant Eagle in the Latin Foods section)
Adobo (I like Goya Adobo with Pepper, available at Giant Eagle as well)

Directions:
Brown the pork shoulder in a separate skillet.
Add chicken broth and chopped onion into the crockpot. Mix in sofrito.
Season the pork with Adobo (can also use salt, pepper, and garlic powder if no adobo is on hand).
Place pork in crock pot with skin/fat-side up.

Cook on Low for eight to ten hours.

After cooking, you can thicken the liquids with cornstarch to make a sauce, or serve them thin.
I served the pork over white rice with the pork liquids.

I also plan on using the pork leftovers to make some pork tacos tonight.

Note: If you ever want to cook Puerto-Rican food in Pittsburgh, the two products linked above are must-haves! If you promise to buy them, I will post my recipe for rice and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment