May 7, 2010

Morning Running

I knew I needed to get in another run before the weekend so I decided to run first thing this morning.

So I woke up at 7 am, got ready and headed out to the park. I hit the trail and ran the first quarter mile when I realized I had dropped my car keys. Frick! I found the keys and ended up running that same quarter mile three times in my search.

I ran the loop I had chosen with no major problems and made it back to my car after 2.25 miles and a new personal best on the mile (9:30). Lance Armstrong congratulated me and everything.

Then I looked in the mirror, and I saw how dehydrated I was. My face was super puffy, and my eyes looked like someone had punched me. And it was then that I discovered my issue with morning running. I don't drink enough water at night. Because I would pee the bed if I did.

During the day? I am a water-guzzling machine. And I also pee once an hour.

I vow to try morning running again soon, since it energized me and didn't cut into my schedule at all. But I need to figure out how to hydrate either before or during the run.

Running Update:
May- 6.25 miles ran, 33.75 miles to go
Year- 26.25 miles ran, 173.75 miles to go

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower, and just wanted to say hello! I'm a runner as well, and we have a newlywed blog at aleeandddan.blogspot.com. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete