November 5, 2009

The Stimulus! The Stimulus!

Got great news when I woke up this morning: the Senate unanimously passed an extension to the Housing Stimulus Bill. This means that if we close by April 30, we will get $8,000. I am so excited about this. It will give us extra money to purchase furniture, make improvements to the house, and save for a rainy day.

The particulars of this extension are different. The stimulus will be extended to some non-first-time home buyers, and the income maximus have been increased. I am jcrossing my fingers that the bill passes in the House and is signed soon.

Since we are going into the winter, there hasn't been that many houses coming into the market and nothing new for E & I to go look at. I am hoping this announcement motivates some sellers in the off season.

I am also hoping that this announcement does not stir up too much buyer competition: people don't like moving in the winter, right? I'd like to be able to shop for a house without feeling pressured or rushed by competing offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment