March 7, 2010

A Post for my Husband.

I love my husband. I've loved him for five years now. From the time he made me watch a scary movie in his college apartment and didn't laugh every time I covered my eyes. I've loved him ever since he held me upright as I slipped in ice.

It all started with a kiss. A single perfect kiss. The kiss of your dreams. Fully in-sync, matched in rhythm, perfectly together. It was amazing, and I couldn't wait to keep kissing him. For the rest of my life.

I love his kiss.

I love his eyes, because they twinkle bright green when he is happy. I love his smile because it is guarded, and unleashed only when he is truly happy. I love his laugh. His eyes twinkle when he laughs.

I love his arms. They are strong and defined and tanned. And his shoulders. And his back. And his newly-chiseled stomach. His hugs make me swoon. And I love his wispy beard.

I love how guarded and meticulous he is. Every decision made after much thought and deliberation. Never flying by the seat of his pants. I love how sure he is of everything he does. Of our future.

I love his sense of humor. There is laughter in our house every single day. Multiple times a day.

I love his drive and his loyalty. How hard he works and how passionate he is about his work. True devotion for everything he does.

I love that he likes all my Puerto Rican food and eats enough for two of him. I love that he loves to cook, and is not shy to experiment in the kitchen. Most of the time he is a good cook.

I love that he is traditional. And sentimental. And caring. I love that he indulges my need for compulsive planning. And embraces my "life plan". Even holds me to it.

I love how he goes out of his way to make others happy. To make them laugh. To make them comfortable.

I love that he loves me too.

Happy Birthday Husband. I am so lucky to have you.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! What a great post! Sounds like you're lucky to have each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I am so happy that you have found him.

    ReplyDelete