October 5, 2009

Open House Recap

I managed to hit four Open Houses in one day. Here's the deets on each of them.
(WARNING: Post will be long)

House # 1
Location: Bethel Park

Stats: Ranch, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Finished GR

Pros: Kitchen was nicely redone.
Cons: Too small & cramped, needed a lot of cosmetic work.

Verdict: No way, no how.

On the positive, this house is well below our budget. I am holding out hope that if we spend closer to our max goal, we will find something suitable.

Major conclusion: I don't like Ranch Houses. Just not for me.


House #2


Location: Bethel Park

Stats: Ranch, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bath, Finished GR

Pros: Nicely remodeled, 2 Full Baths, Nice Yard
Cons: Cramped, No Separate DR, Small Rooms with even smaller closets

Verdict: No way, no how.

Major conclusion: I don't like Ranch Houses even when remodeled.


House #3
Location: Mount Lebanon

Stats: Multi-Level, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Bath (with space for shower/tub in 1/2)

Pros: Awesome neighborhood, large closets, good room sizes.
Cons: No basement, carpet smelled like dog pee, needs lots of cosmetic improvements, floorplan was funky, small yard

Verdict: Might be a possibility if we decide to put in A LOT of elbow grease. I doubt it.

Major conclusion: I love Mount Lebanon, but I really want a nice yard and a roomy basement.

House #4


Location: Scott Township

Stats: Colonial, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Bath

Pros: Awesome street, great curb appeal, nice layout, clean & well-maintained, awesome yard, roomy driveway, nice room sizes.
Cons: Small basement (unfinished).

Verdict: Definite Possibility, but I think we can find something better in this area for our price range.

Major conclusion: I love colonials.

Funny fact: Real Estate Agent for the sellers was trying to convince me to stick to Mount Lebanon because of the schools and practically trashing Chartiers Valley School District. I've done my school research. I found her behavior weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment