October 8, 2009

This is getting ridiculous!

Our REA added three new search areas to our list: Pleasant Hills, Ross and North Fayette. Now we have 45 listings.

How on Earth are you supposed to know when to keep a listing in your list of possibilities and when to let it go? What if the house is better in person than on paper? What if you eliminate a house that is really perfect for you? Or, what if you eliminate half the houses, hate everything you see and are then left with nothing?



I am getting incredibly anxious about this. About finding the perfect house. I feel like I don't know the feel of the different neighborhoods well enough yet, so I am hesitant to eliminate anything in a neighborhood I haven't seen. All I am going on is what school rankings, Google Maps, listing websites, and a few drive-bys are telling me.

How are non-Pittsburghers ever supposed to know what different neighborhoods are all about? And, is it too much too ask for a nice suburban neighborhood with good schools where kids are safe to play on the street, but that doesn't require a 45-minute+ commute into town?

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! I know it's a lot of pressure to find the right place. Just do what you've been doing, look at them, rule some out. After a few weeks you'll get a better handle on the listings. We went through the same exact thing!

    ReplyDelete