October 4, 2009

Open House Sunday

E was working a gaming event today, so I had free time to run around to as many open houses as my little heart desired. I set out with my list of MLS listings and made it to four open houses, all in our desired areas and within our price range.

I promise a full recap with photos of each house tomorrow.

Sadly, it was all incredibly frustrating. When did real estate agents start using telephoto lenses for the listing photos? These rooms that seemed spacious in photos where downright claustrophobic! It was a learning experience, nonetheless. It allowed me to understand a bit more of what I prefer in a house, and to shape my expectations of what our future house will and will not have.

On a good note, I was able to do drive-bys for four of my favorite listings. I loved the neighborhoods of three of them, and hated the fourth. It was nice to imagine myself running up and down the street, driving to and from work, or playing in the front yard.

A quarter tank of gas and three hours later, I was home feeling a bit frustrated, a bit excited and a bit scared. The experience left me wanting to see more houses ASAP and to broaden my search a bit and add one or two more towns to our target search.

1 comment:

  1. They DEFINITELY have some sort of super power camera lenses that make 5 feet look like 20. I get so frustrated because they're just wasting my time and theirs. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll eventually find the right place!

    ReplyDelete