January 13, 2010

The TV Audit

E & I have a slight obsession with television. We watch a good amount of TV, even more since we got our DVR. Recently, my friend D completed a one-week no TV challenge and, although I don't think that's something I want to try, it inspired me to at least take a look at what we watch regularly on TV.

Since the financial audit season is in full swing at my office, I decided to do a TV-viewing audit for E & I. Hopefully this will help us cut some shows we no longer care about.

Daily:
N- KDKA News in the Morning/CBS Early Show

Monday:
N- The Bachelor
N & E- Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother
E- WWE Raw
On DVR- Secret Life of an American Teenager, House, Castle, Greek (coming soon)

Tuesday:
N- American Idol
N & E- Lost
On DVR- Scrubs

Wednesday:
N- American Idol, Glee
On DVR- Modern Family

Thursday:
N & E- Community, The Office
E- Jersey Shore
On DVR- Fringe, The Mentalist, Project Runway

Other shows on hiatus: Lie to Me (DVR), Top Chef (N)

It looks like other than Mondays, the TV schedule is fairly controlled. Why do all the good shows air on Mondays?
Perhaps a goal for this year is to trim the DVR'd shows down from 9 to 5. Or take one night a week to do something outside the house. And, perhaps, eat a few meals in our dining room (once we have a real one, that is). In the meantime, go read D's blog for her awesome no-TV experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment