January 18, 2010

Working Faster

After Saturday's visits, we decided to make an offer on House #3, the fixer upper. Before we could even write it out, we found out the owner's had accepted an offer Saturday evening just hours after we left the property. This is the second house that we have wanted that has been sold before we could make a move. We need a new tactic: move faster.

From now on, if there is a house I like, I don't want to wait five days to see it, then two more to make an offer. If I want something, I will go for it, quickly.

There is a house I have been scoping out for about a month. It was slightly over our budget and, although we could have afforded it, since we are asking for closing costs we would have been asking the owners to take a $14K hit on the asking price. This morning, an alert came through that the asking price had been lowered by $10K, so the house is right in our price range. Immediately, I contacted our REA and we are taking a look tomorrow evening.

The house is unique, with large rooms, vaulted (and beamed) ceilings and a lot of interesting wood work. But regardless of whether we like the wood work or beams, the house is large with a beautiful yard and is located in a nice street that borders South Park township. When I saw the listing before Christmas, I was immediately intrigued by this weird house. Now, I am jumping at the chance to see it. I would go right now if I could!

Wish us luck tomorrow. Maybe we'll love it, or maybe we won't. Whatever happens, we are aiming to move a little faster from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, N! Weird houses are often the perfect ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I enjoy things out of the ordinary--perhaps this is the ONE!!

    ReplyDelete